Wednesday, March 12, 2008

What We've Been Up To

Well, the last couple of days have been busy for the both of us. We have been trying to get all those "little things" done that we wouldn't have been able to if the surgery was Tuesday. We finally feel like we are ready--the house is clean, the laundry is all caught-up, Bentley's pick-up schedule, night-time routine schedule and R.S. meals have been entered into an Excel spreadsheet (I know...I know...I'm a little over the top, but those who know me won't be surprised). Today, mom went to dialysis one last time. She left the house at 6 am and will be home around 10:30. I don't think she slept much last night. I know I didn't get to sleep until 2:30. But I must admit, that was due to the fact that I just started reading Twilight last night. (Melissa, you were right!) I thought I would go to Barnes & Noble to get started on a good book! Ryan is doing well, he has been trying hard to get his school stuff done before tomorrow. The registration desk from the hospital called yesterday to talk to mom and I. When I hung up, I immediately got knots in my stomach. The "real nervousness" had really hit hard for me at that point. I think it has not hit mom yet like that but she said it will when we go tomorrow morning. Today, I get to spend the morning with Bentley. We went outside and blew bubbles and I'm just enjoying her company. I think mom and I will go to lunch and take it easy this afternoon while Bentley is at Narda's. Thanks Marcie and Kathy for your help last night and for dinner Sunday. Glad you will be here tonight too! Big thanks to Cherie for printing the mail-outs, that was huge! Also, thanks Jeff for volunteering to come here at 4:30 am tomorrow to take care of Bentley. You are all so appreciated! We couldn't do it without you.

Also, for those who have asked, the transplant will take place at the new Intermountain Medical Center (IMED) in murray. Also, as long as there are computers to access our blog account, Ryan said he will update it tomorrow--I know many will be anxious to hear.

Lastly, I changed a setting on the blog to allow comments of those who don't have Google accounts. Mom would love to read them!

5 comments:

melissa said...

Steph, I just talked to you. But, again, good luck. Really. You and Paula are in our prayers. We wish you the best in the next few days and after. I hope and pray that all goes well & especially that you don't get bumped again. I'll be seeing you soon.

Happy National Kidney day!

Eichelbergers

karlin said...

Oh Steph... I just got really nervous for you and your Mom. You have been in my thoughts and prayers all week. Good luck! I'll be anxious to hear how the surgery and recovery goes. You guys are awesome! I hope you can get some sleep tonight...

Anonymous said...

Please give Paula all my love and tell her that I want to be the one to take her to see Bette! A hug and a kiss to Steph. Thanks Ryan for keeping us posted.

Jolynn

Megan said...

Everything will be fine, I just know it. We love you both. Love Megan & Jeff.

Anonymous said...

Paula and Stephanie! I had no idea you were going through life-changing surgery until I received your card in the mail. Paula you are a fighter! I picture you rebounding very soon and returning to normal activities WITHOUT dialysis. What a great blessing that will be to you. There is no doubt in my mind that a loving Heavenly Father has helped both of you through this. Steph, you are a very brave young lady. You have given your wonderful mother a new lease on life. My hair isn't doing so well without Paula's touch, but it can wait. Our prayers are with you every day! Love, Sally Brinton