Happy to report I had a good nights rest last night. We called the doctor late last night and he said to try to make it through the night keeping liquids down. If I still couldn't keep them down, he said to go to the ER. Luckily, I woke up only twice and have been able to keep the water and yucky pedialyte down. The nausia is gone but I do still feel a bit queezy. I am also off my pain meds but my tummy is still a bit sore. For the most part, all air bubbles are out too. Wow, for the first time I actually feel sort of normal. Thanks for your encouragement! "hanging in there" was exactly what I needed to do. I feel like today is going to be a fresh start. Perfect for the first day of spring! Also, I glanced at myself in the mirror and just thought, "oh how sad!". (how you say, Erica). Its pretty bad what one week of not caring does! ha ha. Anyway, I won't over-do it today and instead rest and keep sipping!!
Mom continues to do awesome. Funny thing is mom has been doing so much better than I have been! The last time I visited her in the hospital, she was asking me if I wanted to lay in the bed, mom was rubbing my back and the nurse was bringing me the warm blankie. Even last night, she was calling Ryan to check on me. One would think it would be the other way around! Anyhow, she sounds great still and we are just taking it one day at a time.
My aunt Jan and Gradma Nancy are here right now doing some "spring cleaning". We aren't for sure yet, but mom may be coming home today. So, they are dis-infecting the house and getting things ready for her. Because of the immune-suppressing drugs she is on, she is extremely vulnerable to germs right now. So, we are going to be complete germ-a-phobes around here! As I walk through my house, I notice Ryan has planted hand-sanitizer in every room.
Well, (deep breath) another day! Thanks for your comments. They make my day! I will keep you posted.
6 comments:
Hi Stephanie, My name is Cathy Udall, a longtime client of Paula. Thank you so much for this wonderful site. I have checked it several times a day and have appreciated the updates. Thank you to Ryan too. It has been a sweet experience to read it and to see your pictures,etc. You guys are awesome! I really admire your spirit and generosity. I know how proud and grateful Paula is for all of you. I'm sorry it has been so painful for you, Stepanie, and I hope you will have a timely and complete recovery. You truly are a hero! May Heavenly Father continue to bless you all. Best wishes, Cathy Udall
A new start for sure! Glad you are feeling better today. Hopefully you will continue to improve each day. Please let me know if I can do anything for your family. Run errands, clean your house, pick up some groceries...anything Steph. I'm here and willing to help in any way I can. Happy Easter to you guys.
Good to see you again today, Steph. I hope we didn't stay too long. You really look great. I'll be thinking of your family as your mom comes home tomorrow. We've really enjoyed being able to help out with Bentley_thanks for giving us that opportunity. I hope you can continue feeling nausea-free & enjoy the Easter weekend. Big hugs to Bentley from Kaden and me.
See you soon! Melis
Good news. You sound good. I hate being nausious. You are a tough one. How exciting for your Mom to be home. Mom's are the best. There is nothing like there touch, huh? Especially when they are in pain themsleves. Keep up that recovery! Do you have Bentley covered? Can I help at all? Keep up the good work, Ryan!
Steph, I am soooo happy to hear that you are doing much better today. Just don't do to much to soon, with c-section experience, keep it easy! It makes me smile every time I read your blogs. You know that's what moms are for, even if we feel bad we want our children to know we are there for them. I am sure she is so grateful for you Steph and she loves you eternally! Now that it's spring, go sit outside and get some fresh air. We love you and hope you continue to get better. Tell your mom we love her to!
I have been trying to leave comments and it has not worked so this is my last try. it sounds like everything is going well. I have been reading the updates. I am glad to see that the nausea is gone. I would rather poo my pants than have nausea. it also looks like your having visitors. as soon as my clan is healthy we will come and visit. We have had niko and cami sick for a bit now. See you soon.
Scott
Post a Comment