Monday, March 10, 2008

We Got Bumped!

Hey everyone,
We just got word from our coordinator. Our surgery has been bumped to Thursday (which just so happens to be World Kidney Day! check out my link on the side if you haven't already.)

There were four cadaver kidneys that need to be transplanted ASAP, so we are first on the schedule for Thursday. That means we have to be at the hospital at 5:30 am. Feels a bit anti-climactic but this could be a good thing. We have been running around all day trying to get some last minute items checked off our list so, a couple more days will be nice. Hopefully, on Wednesday mom and I can go do something fun together. So, anyway that is the latest!

4 comments:

melissa said...

I took the kidney test on 'World Kidney day.' I am pleased to say that I passed with 100% on my first try!

Thanks for the link. Very interesting.

Emily Call said...

Good luck with everything. I have been thinking about you guys. Hope you can do something fun before Thursday.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear it got bumped, but you are right... a few days will be ok.

miss you!


-karah

Anonymous said...

Paula, you have been the "buzz" at the Salon, as we all try to keep tabs, at least in our minds of what you may be doing from day to day. Everyone wants to know what hospital you will be at, and as many details as they can find out, so that we can feel connected in our thoughts and prayers for you and Stephanie and for a speedy recovery.

Take care and best to all of you.