Friday, March 28, 2008

Bake Day



Grandma is in charge of the bake sale for the JACL (Japanese American Citizen League) Fund-o-rama tomorrow so, we baked some items for her to take. I baked 24 chocolate cupcakes and mom baked 5 mini-loaves of banana bread. It was fun and gave us something to do today.
We found out that mom's creatinine level is at 1.1 (which is so great)! That is what a normal person's level is, so the kidney is doing awesome. Also, the nurse said all of her other levels are looking good too. We both feel great (except for being tired and minor aches and pains here and there). But, we are taking it pretty easy. I love being home with mom. We talk and keep each other company. Tonight is movie night--Bentley's choice so mom, me, B and Ry are going to plop on the couch with a bowl of popcorn to watch....Barbie!!
We'll let ya know how that goes! ha ha!

5 comments:

Megan said...

Those are pretty fancy cupcakes. WOW. I also love the tags. I'm thrilled that you are your mom are doing great. Hope to see you tonight at the B-day party. Of course, please let your mom know that we'd love to have her. We'll make up a comfy spot for you two to just sit. I think everyone would love to see you both.

melissa said...

My baked goods never look so pretty! Way to go Paula on the creatinine level. So happy for you both! Hope 'Barbie' was good.

Steph...I'll see you Wednesday!

janet said...

look at you two baking in the kitchen! SO glad to hear you are feeling well and you're back to your crafty, creative, martha stewartish self! Love you both! take it easy and keep the updates coming!!!

Emily Call said...

Cutest cupcakes ever! I am so glad to hear that things are going so well. I got your message last night... I will call you soon and figure out a time to come visit!

RaeLynn said...

Steph! I am so glad I inspired you and Melissa :) I've had people tell me that was one of the funniest stories they've ever heard. I would LOVE to be added to your links, and I will of course do likewise! So good to hear from you.