Thursday, March 13, 2008
Surgery Update
Steph has put me in charge of updating the blog, so I must warn everybody of the potential misspellings and grammatical errors and there certainly won't be fancy things like picture slide shows. Both surgeries went well. Steph went in at about 10:30, a few hours into her operation they started getting Paula ready to receive the kidney. Steph's surgery went very smoothly and we got to see her at about 2:30. Paula's surgery didn't finish until about 4:30, because she had some plaque build-up in her arteries that they attach to the kidney. The doctor said this is quite normal for people with diabetes, but it did cause the surgery to go twice as long as normal because they had to clean out the plaque. Overall, the doctor said both surgeries were very successful. We haven't seen Paula yet, but Steph has been in her room for a little while, albeit pretty drugged up and in quite a bit of pain. She has been asleep for most of the time, but she is very alert when she is awake. Thanks again to all who have been so supportive and helpful. Your thoughts and prayers have been much appreciated.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Stephanie-
Shannon forwarded an email from Angie w/a link to your blog. I had no idea you were doing this! I guess I never talk to people at work. But anyway, I'm very happy you were a match and that it's going well. Good for you. I love the slideshow of you and your mom--very sweet.
Amanda R.
Post a Comment