Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Gotta Love this Girl!

My dear friend Melissa came over last week with her boys, Kaden and Ty. I must say she has been such an amazing friend to me. We have known each other for many years--elementary, middle school and high school. We've shared tons of memories and have stories we laugh about to this day. I so appreciate her phone calls to check up on me the last few months--we have laughed and cried over the phone and I am grateful for her willingness to just listen when I needed to talk. She took care of Bentley for me several days for the first part of my recovery and I know Miss B just loves being with her. She also organized for all "the girls" to chip in for a bunch of My Girlfriend's Kitchen freezer meals (which by the way are going to be life-savers). Melissa and I share many of the same interests and have a lot in common so it's great to "vent" about things and tell each other what is going on in our lives. Her example of friendship and service to others means a lot to me and I am grateful for our friendship. Here's a pic we "snapped" before she had to leave!

Sweet little Ty--such a good baby!

The kiddo's

8 comments:

val said...

I pretty much just gawked when I saw this photo. Oh my gosh, you two are SO beautiful. I guess it's no surprise since you two have always been pretty, even in jr. high-dang you two. Fun to see Melissa!
I emailed you about the reunion but it was sent to your work so I got a reply back saying you were out of the office.

Steph said...

Hey Val,
You are sweet to say those things! I can check my work email from home so, I will look for yours. Good to hear from you Eggar!

karlin said...

I agree with Val... you are beautiful!! Melissa could NOT be any sweeter or cuter. I'm so glad she has been there for you! And cute pics of Bentley and your Dad playing restaraunt.

Kawa Rangers said...

Hey, I hope you are feeling good. We have tried to call and just keep getting a machine, so I may not have the right number. Glad everything turned out good for you and your mom. Hope she is doing well. Amy

RaeLynn said...

Val and Karlin took the words out of my mouth. wow. You two really have always been beautiful. Little punks...maybe you could give me some pointers?? :)

Megan said...

What a pretty friend you have.

The Parry Family said...

I love you guys! You looked like you had a fun time. I am so glad you enjoyed your meals, you deserve it. Is that the photo you sent to all the modeling agency, wahoo you are sexy!! It's fun to see people from high school, if they read this again, Val and Karlin and Raelynn you are all beautiful! Love you Steph and Mel

melissa said...

Steph, this is so cute. I'm glad that quick picture of us turned out! You're very sweet for saying all those nice things. And so are you commenters!

I wanted to tell everyone not to get the wrong idea about me_it's really Steph that is the beautiful & nice one!

Thanks again, Steph, for taking Kaden on Thursday. He loved it & it was a huge help.