So we are in the process of "work-up" and things are moving along. So, last Friday I took work off to go to the hospital and have some tests done. When I got there, they had me visit with the social worker where she conducted an evaluation and what not. They also had me do a chest x-ray, an EKG and some blood work. It wasn't bad at all. The coordinator is going to call me on Monday and if everything looks good, I will move on to the next step. I will go in for a medical history and physical on Tuesday (yikes!) and if that goes well, they will schedule me for one last test. To meet with the surgeon, as well as complete a CT scan to determine the specific anatomy of the kidneys and urinary tract. We are hopeful about the transplant and just keep taking things one step at at time.I cant remember if I mentioned mom doing light treatments for her skin. She is really dark and it looks like she goes tanning! We tease her about that sometimes. Her phosphorous levels are still high so the itchy skin continues. However, she says she has been sleeping pretty well the last week so that is good. We will keep you posted on the "work-up" process this next week.
1 comment:
Hey Steph,
I am so glad that you have a blog! I am so sorry to hear about your mom's situation. Justin told me about it the other day. I am thinking of you guys and hope everything works out with the transplant. Oh, and I would be happy to take Bentley for you if you ever need me to!
-Emily
Post a Comment