Tuesday, January 22, 2008

An Update on the Transplant Process

Today I met with the nephrologist who conducted a medical history as well as a physical. He looked at my results from Friday and I am happy to report that everything checked-out well. We have jumped through another hoop! We (I) am on to the next thing which is sorta embarassing but funny at the same time. A 24-hour urine specimen collection! Ahhh! You should have seen me today trying to come up with ways I could do this at work. Hmmm...thought I had a sneaky way figured out until I read that it had to be refrigerated. I'm pretty sure my co-workers don't want a jug of "what-not" sitting beside their lunch bags. We had to laugh about that one!

So, I think this is looking more and more like a GO. I asked about a time frame and he said maybe within the next 6 weeks. I do still have one more test, the CT scan but from the way it sounded I think we are good. We'll keep you posted though!

4 comments:

melissa said...

Hmmm, wouldn't want to mistake that for my lunch-time beverage! Apple juice, anyone?


Good to hear things are lining up with the transplant. I was thinking about you and your mom today. Good to hear some progress!

Happy collecting!

Natie said...

It's so nice to hear you guys being so positive about things, this was such a good idea, thanks so much for thinking of us and keeping us informed. We love you and hope everything works out.
Love, love, love the pictures!! you do such a good job!
Steph, you know I'm home all day, I will be glad to help out with whatever you need.

janet said...

Oh-that cracks me up! How DID you do the 24 refrigerated pee storing? I would have put it all in an empty mountain dew bottle... of course, with a note that says, "do NOT drink" just incase the co-workers were tempted.

and reading through all of your optimistic posts through this whole process just goes to show that you MADE it happen. You had the right attitude and wanted it so badly, that it just HAD to work out. We will definitely be praying for you during these next few weeks!

val said...

Steph Hi! Janet told me about your blog. How great to see you and your cute family. I read all about your mom and will definitely be keeping her and you in our prayers. I know how close you are to your mom and I'm sure you will/are being watched over. Please let me know if we can do anything for you. We live in SL again. I would love to do anything I can! Really.