I had my consultation appointment yesterday and I have to clarify something. I actually had an anembryonic pregnancy or blighted ovum . The subchorionic hemorrhage was a blood clot that they saw on the monitor but was not the actual cause.
My doctor thought it would be best to avoid any risk (no matter how small) a D&C might involve. I was having some angst towards the procedure anyway and felt that, for me, I needed another option. We are keeping the D&C on the back burner for now and if we need to go in to remove the rest, then it's there. I have a follow-up tomorrow and will know at that time.
So, Ryan and I decided on the pills. About an hour after taking them, the pain began to set in. After a while, it just got to be too strong and I took my Lortab and tried to get some sleep. With one lonely kidney, I was trying to avoid pain meds because they are so hard on kidney(s). Anyway, without going into any more detail I had the actual miscarriage this morning at about 6:00. It was...interesting. And that is all I will say about that.
Today is a new day. I feel great! I feel like my body can now begin healing and we can move forward. I immediately felt relief after said event and I am ready for a new start. In fact, I even went to work a couple hours later.
Thanks for all your sweet phone calls, visits and support. I really needed them and am grateful for my friendships! See you after Maui!
6 comments:
Again, I can't even begin to tell you how sorry I am, but I am SO GLAD that you are starting to feel better. Have fun in Hawaii!
Glad everything is a little better. Enjoy Hawaii. I can't think of anyone who deserves it more!
Glad you sounded so "chipper" this morn. I'll talk to you tomorrow about your next apt. Yeah for hawaii!
...glad to read that this blighted ovum thing is usually a one time occurance.
sorry to hear steph but good for you for writing about it. i miscarried once and it isn't fun. glad you sold your house and have fun in hawaii! i've never been.
Steph I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Please let me know if there is anything we can do for you. I hope you have a great trip and hopefully we can see you when you get back.
Dane and I are so sorry for your loss. We are thinking of your family. We SO miss having you guys in our ward, and I am pretty sure Dane keeps looking over the fence for Ryan:) HAve a wonderful trip!!!!!
Post a Comment