I found her in our storage closet tuckered out in her bouncer. All of her baby toys were out too. This must be a phase, right?
This one is hilarious! We were touching her face, playing with her hair and she STILL wouldn't wake up!
This one is funny because she had her shoes on her hands. What was she doing at the time of dozing off?Okay, now I must tell you about a not-so-funny memory of her falling asleep . It was the night of my reunion and Ryan and I were busy getting ready. I thought B was with mom and vice-versa. I called to Bentley when we were about to leave and no answer. I kept calling her and calling her. Still no answer. Mom and Ry started calling for her. At this point, panic had taken over me. I was screaming her name as I ran outside, looked in the cars, and knocked on doors. The worst case scenario was all I could think about--someone had taken her. My neighbors were all out looking. Mom was on the call with 9-1-1 telling them the details. I was sick to my stomach. Suddenly, mom called out saying, "she's here!" Those were the best words to hear.
We think she was hiding in her usual hiding spot when she fell asleep. She seemed confused as to why we were all shaken up and crying. That was the scariest parenting moment I've had!
Wow! if I would have remembered her track record, perhaps I would have thought to look in those random spaces in the house.
8 comments:
So, I haven't checked your blog for a while, but welcome back to the blogging world. I actually can't believe she can fall asleep like that. She is so silly. I also love all of those scrapbook pages. You are so talented. Hope YW is going good and we'll talk to you next week!
Way to go on the cute title!
Miss B. is certainly silly sleeping in all those strange places.
That was a tongue-twister.
That cracks me up!!! I am amazed at how easy it is for our little ones to fall asleep in the most random places! It does make for some fun memories!
oh my goodness. that's too funny! HAHA, except for your big scare. i can't even imagine the horror of thinking your child was taken. :( i'm glad she is just a sleepy head! :)
How amazing it must be to be that tired and your brain actually turning off, too. My body probably could fall asleep. Sigh, to be a child again.
i love all those pics! there is something so cute about a child sleeping! that is scary we've had some similar scares with weston. in fact, one of them was on the night of the reunion too... crazy?! but he opens the door runs... far and fast. it's so scary. i'm so paranoid and i have to have my doors locked at all times. i agree though those moments when he is lost are the scariest moments of my life.
hey steph... will you email me your address? karlinkess@comcast.net
I have several FREAK OUT sessions wondering where my two year old is... only to find him asleep in his bed. As IF I shouldn't look there in the first place!
The pictures of Bentley are so cute. My favorite is with the shoes on her hands. so funny! When my oldest was about 2, we found him asleep at the table with a mouthful of food still in his mouth.. we had to wake him up and tell him to chew!
Hope you guys had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Post a Comment