Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A Pre-Reunion Reunion

So...this year marks the WJHS Class of '98 ten-year reunie!! It all started with an exciting phone call two days before the big night. I was absolutely thrilled when A of all, Janet Clawson Shumway herself called me up and B of all, asked for my help with the banners for the reunion. (my banner-making skills are backed by several years of experience and clearly my marketing strategies are highly effective because she heard about me all the way in Las Vegas! Who woulda thought!) Anyway, enough about me. We decided to meet later that night at Karlin's for a "pre-reunion reunion" if you will. I was so excited because I hadn't seen these gals for many years. We were pretty close our Senior year and also that summer. Then college life, jobs, marriage and kids came and we all seemed to go our separate ways--you know the story.

(This is me and this is Janet)

Now, understand me when I say Karlin's home was breath-taking. It was (is) so beautiful! Bentley sure had a fun time playing in Avery's special play room but most of all, going pee in the miniature-sized real toilet. Of course she told me she didn't have to go to the bathroom, but the second she saw that toilet, she suddenly had to go. She giggled the whole time. (Avery has a special "kids" toilet installed in her bathroom and it is hilarious and so dang cute! but I forgot to take a pic!)

It was such a fun night, catching up, laughing, reminsicing and of course re-living the high school SBO/Class Officer days of banner-making until way late at night. (Janet, me, Val and Karlin)

I know Miss B had a fun time. Her night started out with the mini toilie experience of course, then for a nice soak in the hot tub.


Bentley, Avery, Ben, Luke and Zach

The night ended quietly, as all the kids gathered in the theatre room for a very late-night showing of Peter Pan.

Jason and Ryan were there as well...being good sports as the girls chatted it up until 11:00 pm. Thanks guys! It was a fun night...you gals are pure sweet!!

Coming up next....my WJHS Ten Year Reunion Post!! (I know you just can't wait!)

7 comments:

Emily Call said...

I can't believe how big Bentley is getting... she is all grown up!
Look at that fabulous poster you girls came up with. If I ever need a banner I am calling you first. he he.

janet said...

I know you don't believe me, but I have been trying to track you down for YEARS! Blogging has been great to keep in touch, but it's not enough! I had so much fun with you-- if the men weren't there, we could have stayed up for hours longer talking! I love you and I am so glad we're back in touch!

ps. WHY is my toe pointing in the poster picture? I believe I was in the middle of a dance move or something....

karlin said...

Steph!! It was SO fun to see you. I'm so glad you came up. Avaree keeps asking about Bentley. She was such a sweetheart. Ryan and Jason were troopers. Ryan is great too. We need to get together more often. I told Melissa we should get together sometime since I missed you both at the reunion. You are talented at making posters by the way!

Steph said...

As for the toe point JANET, I always knew that one day, all those years of practicing "Jeff Malane" dance moves would pay off! DTV...here she comes!!!

Karlin, that's funny...Bentley keeps talking about Avaree too and her toilet of course. Let's meet up soon!

melissa said...

Hey, I wanna see that toilet!

So fun and cute. You gals are great. And kuddos on the poster making. What a fun night, glad you were reunited at last!

Francine said...

These pictures make me jealous that I had to miss out. The temple is a good thing to miss out on fun with some of my most favorite people for, but I still wish I could have been two places at once. We'll just have to do a redo.

Tamarynn Leigh said...

10 years! Wow...it goes by so fast, doesn't it? Looks like you guys had a lot of fun, and I can just picture Bentley getting all excited about the little toilet. Kennedy loves the little one they have in nursery at church!