My desk when I came in the office on Monday. Cute huh? This is just where I check my email and do computer work (which is not that often). My art room desk is in another room where I spend most of my days. I'll have to post that fun one another time.
My friends Julie and Melissa. These gals are just the best friends a girl could have. I have known Julie literally forever. I have tons and tons of memories growing up with her--from making home movies all the time, doing fashion shows in my living room, sleep-overs, trying to sell things in my front yard that we'd put hours and hours into making and never actually selling any of it! Disneyland and Vegas, Obon festivals, the list goes on and on. I even have in my posession a cassette tape when my dad recorded the two of us when we were 3 years old!! (That is how old Bentley is! Crazy!) We have stayed close since then and I feel so lucky for that. Thanks for the trip down mem lane, Ju! Anyway, these gals are awesome and I am glad we got to go to dinner and talk and laugh. We stayed at Chilis until close and could have stayed 3 hours longer!
Luckily, I took the video IPod for B and Kaden. They watched Little Mermaid (Sorry Melis) and were so good! Then the night ended with a sweet hug and kiss for those two love birds. Actually, with all of the little women competing for Kaden these days, I am thinking he is gearing up for a season of Bachelor star-dom 25 years from now!Bentley loves to come home after playing at Narda's because then she gets to play even more with the neighbor kids. We love the Miles and Barnard's and are so glad to have them living next door. They are great kiddos and B just loves playing with them. It is going to be a fun summer! Here they are enjoying thier ice cream from the ice-cream man. (Now that we bought once from this rickety old truck, the dang thing comes chiming by every dang day, hoping we will make another purchase. It was a bit creepy, but oh well...they loved the experience.)
I also want to add that mom is doing well. She has not returned to work yet, she plans to go back in a couple of weeks. She continues to go twice a week for labs and so far, those look good. She has an excellent doctor who keeps in close contact with her so that her levels and meds are where they need to be--there are little adjustments each week.
Lastly, (and I don't have a picture but you'll thank me for that) Ryan dislocated his finger this last Monday night. We quickly went to the ER where they had to cut off his work glove (he was doing yard work), give hime 2 shots in the finger, and then pulled it back into place. SICK! He was in quite a bit of pain sitting there when I suddenly looked at him and said, "You're complaining over a jacked-up finger? Try donating a vital organ!". Of course I was kidding but, anyway....so there ya go.
8 comments:
I'm sad you had to go back to work, and we couldn't play, but we'll get together soon. Good luck on all of your projects!
Go Steph! Are you sure you should be doing so much? You are super woman! We should get together for dinner sometime since we never made it to lunch. Fun to see pics of Julie. I can't believe you guys have been playing together since 3! Good luck with getting back to everything. I wish I was as creative as you.
I've been waiting and waiting for you to update that blog of yours...what you think you're busy or something? I'm glad that you are doing so much better. I know how much you love your job so I'm happy for you to be able to go back. Tell Ryan we're sorry about his finger. Everytime someone complains about some ailment, my mom always says, "Have a baby!". Now the joke is, "Live with MS". Now you have your own great comeback!!! Call me - we need to get together.
Thanks for all the memories. We have so many it's unbelievable. You and Melissa are the closest things I have as sisters and I am so glad that we can stay in touch.
Love you.
Julie
Glad to hear from you back on the blog! I've missed you in cyberspace.
Next time Ryan dislocates his finger, send him our way. We'll pop it back in no time, for free.
Wow you guys have been busy! That's so sweet that your work decorated your desk for when you came back. That's awesome that you got to meet a family from Ryan's mission and spend time with them! How did he dislocate his finger...football? Bentley looks so cute in all of the pics! Glad to hear your mom is doing well.
Tamarynn,
Good guess! ha ha! He did do some tendon or ligament damage at football, yes. However, he finished-up the job (dis-located) doing some yard work a few days later. I...yay..yay!
I LOVED this post! The Stephy I know was shining through! I can totally hear you saying, "Try donating a vital organ, BUDDY!" That made me laugh! and fun times with old girl friends! You are all still as beautiful as ever!
and I am so glad to know you have such a good job that 1)appreciates you for how COOL you are! 2)allows you to use your creative energy.. because you are the QUEEN of crafty and should get paid for it!
Love ya, Kimmie!
Post a Comment