Monday, May 19, 2008

Cause for Celebration

Over the weekend, we had Szuzsa, Matt, Tony and Jen over to hang out. These are Ry's good friends from school (which by the way, this group is extremely smart, I once joined them for lunch and one could have mistaken their math conversation for a foreign language--ha ha!)Anyway, congrats to Szuzsa, Matt and Tony for graduating with their masters! It is a great accomplishment. Also, we wish Ssuzsa and Matt well in Chicago where they will continue their education working towards PhD's. Jen is also working on her PhD at the U.

Ryan is totally finished with classes (YAAAAHOOOOO!!) however, he will be working on his thesis for the next several months and will get his degree at the end of the year. I must say, I'm not quite sure what to do yet...I actually get to spend time with Ryan now. No more "all day Saturday's at school and those all-night study sessions". This is great! We're almost there and it is a great feeling--we can see the light at the end of the tunnel...unless he too decides to tack on a PhD. I would die! Actually, studying for the actuary exams will take a lot of time but oh well, we will enjoy this time right now. Good job, Ry!

So, I just have to mention about when the guys went to pick up the pizza. The gals decided to stay and chat--ya know the girly conversations. We covered pretty much everything and laughed. But we started to realize it had been a way long time since the boys left and they still had not come back. Just then Ryan called. I was like, "are you lost?". Apparently, they drove to the wrong location so as you would expect, there was no order for us. So they drove to Brickyard to pick it up and were home soon after that. Hmmm, so how many mathematicians does it take to pick up pizza? Apparently more than three. Ha ha...so we teased them about that one.

Good times!

8 comments:

Megan said...

Congratulations Ryan. I always did say you were the smartest of the bunch. I however, married the most handsome. Actually, you look just like your brother. Good Job!

karlin said...

Congrats to Ryan!

Unknown said...

Hey, we are in Vegas right now, but will be back next week. Lets get together in a few weeks.

Steph said...

hey Cam and Amy,
Sounds great. Give us a call when you get back, we'd love to see you all!

Tamarynn Leigh said...

Congrats Ryan! I bet it feels so good to have the end so close to your fingertips!!!

melissa said...

Wahoo!! Congratulations, and good luck on that thesis, Ryan. We'll watch Bentley now that you two finally have time to go on a date. We're so glad you've made it through (and I'm feeling bad we've yet to begin...)!

melissa said...

by the way....let's see some pictures of swim lessons!

janet said...

I love you Steph.. I totally laughed at the How many mathematicians does it take to pick up a pizza joke. So funny! Congrats to Ryan!!

ps. I am coming up your way next week. I would love to meet for lunch or let the kids play at the park while we chat. It's been too long!