Saturday, February 26, 2011

A Teddy Bear Picnic

With a winter birthday and tight budget, I had to be creative. This year for Bentley's 6th birthday, I told her she could invite 4 friends to our house for a party. Since she has an obsession for stuffed animals, I thought a Teddy Bear Picnic would be the perfect concept. The planning began. I was really excited to do this for her and make it a special one. Here were the invites. Each girl was asked to bring a favorite stuffed animal for the occasion.
I had the girls assemble the Stampin' Up! die-cut paper bears and then they glued them to notebooks. They played pin the heart on the bear and then settled in for a picnic lunch on the floor. Each bear even had its own spot with a mini basket filled with Teddy Grahams. I served picnic food--PB&J's, fruit, cheese and crackers which they loved. For the first time, I baked and decorated a shaped cake. It was fun! After all was said and done, they each left with their notebook and a bag of trail mix (Teddy Grahams, marshmallows, and chocolate chips). It turned out great, was inexpensive and fun.








5 comments:

Jaclyn, Brandon, Ava & Emma said...

such a cute idea!!! Your very creative too!

val said...

love, love, love. such a cute idea steph.

melissa said...

So cute! I bet Bentley and the gals had a blast.

Zsuzsanna said...

Wow! So adorable! I LOVE the teddy bear cake!

The Parry Family said...

Look at you miss creativity! That is an awesome idea! Do you think that would go over well with my boys birthdays?! HA HA HA