Sunday, January 9, 2011

Our December

We had a fun time celebrating the Christmas season. We started out with a new advent calendar tradtition. Every day in December, we get to pull a card and do what it says as a family. Some were as simple as "read a story about the birth of our Savior and discuss" or "watch a movie about the birth of our Savior". It was neat seeing Bentley learn about this and why we celebrate Christmas. Some of the other traditions included: bake some holiday cookies, go ice skating, write down your special promise to Jesus, visit Temple Square, make a Christmas ornament, make hot chocolate, pop popcorn and watch "Elf", put on Christmas music and dance (this was just for Bentley and I...Ryan was at work).


Bentley had a Gingerbread House decorating Party and invited her school/neighborhood friends. They had a great time eating the...I mean decorating the houses. Then they watched a Barbie movie.
We visited Temple Square with the Call's (whom we haven't seen for a while). It was fun catching up and letting the girls play. Thanks guys!

Then Christmas day came and of course opening presents was a hit! It's so fun seeing thier faces light up. The kids made a haul and the day was busy busy! After opening at home, we went to my dad's, then to Grandma Nancy's, then home for a quick nap before making our final stop at my aunt & uncle's in Centerville. The little ones played all night and made Christmas crafts.
Max obviously had no idea what was going on...he slept through opening gifts. But we sure loved having him there with us. He is such a blessing and such a sweet little thing. He's chunky and we love kissing his cheeks!And what's Christmas without snapping some photos with the man in red. Hope your holidays were fun and safe!

3 comments:

melissa said...

Fun December pics! Bentley looks so grown up and Max is a doll. Yes! Let's do lunch. I need to get Porter bettter first & we'll hang (strep + cold symptoms).

Emily Call said...

We had such a great time. Let's get together a lot sooner this time ok?

Kawa Rangers said...

I love your advent calendar idea. I think I will have to copy you next year... Love you guys!