Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Our Home-Building Journey


We had some major life decisions to make after Dad passed away.  We now had two houses to take care of.  I knew there was no way I could sell Dad's house right away.  I wanted to live there and take the time I needed to prepare to say goodbye to the only home I knew growing up.  We sold our Riverton house very quickly.  In the meantime, we were looking at the possibility of building.  Dad's neighbors are so so sweet, but unfortunately there aren't many kids around.  Plus, we needed space to accomodate my mom.  We loved what D.R. Horton had to offer and decided that was our plan.  We have broken ground and are excited to watch our home be built.  We love the neighborhood.  There are so many children and lots of new houses going up.  So, I hope to update my blog as we journey through this process.  As exciting as it is, I am also sad and down to know that my Dad isn't here to experience it with me.  I feel him around me at times, however and I know he is so happy and grinning at the idea that we are doing this for our family.  What a blessing.