Monday, November 28, 2011

Gettin' Crafty


The crafting bug has hit me pretty hard the last month or so. I blame it all on Pinterest! It's very addicting and incredibly inspiring!
So, my biggest challenge for quite some time has been how to organize all of Bentley's hair accessories. First, they have to be visible. Second, they have to be within arms reach since she uses them everyday. Third, they can't make the space look cluttered! I hate clutter! Fourth, there needs to be some sort of design element. High expectations, right? Well, I love how these both turned out and they were fun to make.
The top one is simply 3 cake pans from the dollar store, 2 candlesticks from the DI and a can of spray paint. Total cost was $5.
The headband holder was something I came up with by selling Paparazzi accessories. I have tons of headbands to display so I rolled up towels, covered them in cute fabric and pinned the sides, top and bottom. No sewing! For Bentley, I simply stuck it over a decorative paper towel holder and voila! a cute way to display those headbands!

1 comment:

melissa e said...

Really cute. I must admit, I still haven't dived into pinterest but I need too! Not that we have any headbands here...